Breatrice Grace Alouch
Political Scientist with particular expertise in International Relations and Sustainable Development.
- Post graduate degree in Human Rights (Especialista en Derechos Humanos) Universidad
Complutense de Madrid- Facultad de Derecho 1996-1997
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science and Sociology, with a concentration in International Relations (Licenciatura en Ciencias Políticas y Sociología) Universidad Complutense de Madrid –Facultad de Ciencias Políticas 1991-1996
Grace Obado is a Political Scientist with particular expertise in International Relations and Sustainable Development.
Currently, she is associate professor of International Relations and Sustainable development at IE University and at the Madrid Campus of Schiller International University.
Her research interest is centered on African studies with a focus on governance, leadership, conflict resolution and sustainable management of both human and natural resources.
She is also the Chapter Head of Africa 2.0 International foundation in Spain and serves on the board of the same organization. Africa 2.0 is a network of about 600 emerging and consolidated leaders from Africa and the diaspora who share a common vision on how to accelerate the development of Africa. As Chapter Head, she has spearheaded a number of initiatives to help improve the profile of Africa in Spain, such as organizing high- level forums on Africa, including the Africa Business forum that was held at the Diplomatic School of Spain in Madrid, November 2016. She has also worked closely with Casa Africa to connect Spanish and African think tanks, primarily to lay the foundation for future collaborations.
Previously, she worked as the International Coordinator for ENIASA, European Network for Information and Action for Southern Africa. ENIASA is a network of more than 100 NGOs within the European Union working to promote peace, democracy and sustainable development in southern Africa. She designed, implemented and evaluated various projects on peace, democracy and sustainable development.
She has published various articles and co-authored a book entitled Laws of Success, adapted for Africa.
Grace Obado has spoken at a number of conferences in Africa, Europe and USA, including Africa in the perspective of G20 conference 2017, Africa Business Conference 2015, Harvard Business School, and Clinton Global Initiative, Middle East and Africa Conference (CGI Middle East and Africa 2015).
She holds a BA (Licenciatura) in Political Science and International Relations and Masters in Human Rights both from Universidad Complutense de Madrid, in Spain.
Grace was ranked among the top 10 most influential African women “Mujeres Africanas mas potentes» by El País Newspaper in 2015, and she received outstanding teaching award in International Relations from IE University in 2017 and 2018.
She was born and raised in Kenya.
- IE University (Instituto de Empresa), Madrid Campus Sept 2015- Present Associate Professor.
- Schiller International University, Madrid campus 2006- Present – Assistant Professor.
INTERNATIONAL AND NATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS:
- Chapter Head- Spain, Africa 2.0
- International Co-ordinator, European Network for Information and Action on Southern Africa (ENIASA) based in IEPALA, Instituto de Estudios Políticos para America Latina y Africa Madrid, Spain 2000- 2005
- National Co-ordinator, Cooperación con África Austral (CAA), Madrid 1999- 2000 (parttime). CAA is a network of 8 NGOs in Spain that work to promote democracy in Southern Africa.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCES:
- International Business Director: Hidrolution, Eco-friendly Water Purification Madrid, 2010- 2015
- RESEARCH: Witwatersrand University- Johannesburg, South Africa conducted research on democratization in Southern Africa in the faculty of political science 1998-1999 Under the supervision of Prof. Tom Lodge
- BOOK: Co-author – The Law of Success, Adapted for Africa, Authorhouse UK, 2011
ARTICLES AND PRESENTATION:
- Juventud y Liderazgo en África. Esglobal, Spain 27th August 2018
- Structural transformation and digitalization of African Economies. PRESENTED TO: “AFRICA IN THE PERSPECTIVE OF G20” CONFERENCE. 09fdb36d5b60/G20Africa-presentacion-
- Pick our envoys abroad on merit, Daily Nation newspaper, Kenya, 18 May 2010
- ATOS digital transformation competition. 27th November 2015
Grace Obado Africa 2.0 International Foundation and advisory board of Casa África.
Link a su perfil en IE University: Beatrice Grace Alouch Obado – IE University